2020 Junior Master Gardener
2020 National JMG
February 24 – 26, 2020
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
“ This 2.5 day National Leader Training Conference will equip you with everything you need to effectively lead groups of Junior Master Gardener through garden-based learning projects AND empower you to host JMG Training Workshops for other teachers/leaders in your community! “
– REGISTER TODAY –
JMG/LGEG Marketing Resources
Sunday Welcome Reception, daily breakfast, Monday/Tuesday lunch & Tuesday Texas Fiesta Networking Dinner & Private Tour of the Texas A&M Gardens & beverages/snacks throughout training conference.
Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center
177 Joe Routt Boulevard
College Station, Texas 77840
You are invited to submit a presentation proposal for the 2020 Junior Master Gardener National Leader Training Conference, which will will be hosted on the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas on February 24th-26th, 2020.
This 2.5 day National Leader Training Conference will equip attendees to: effectively teach Junior Master Gardener classes/groups through garden-based learning projects and empower to host JMG Training Workshops for other teachers/leaders in their community!
In addition to conference tracks built around Junior Master Gardener Garden-based Curricula, we invite speakers to present their session proposals around two additional conference tracks of “Effective Program Implementation” & “Leadership in Growing & Sustaining Your JMG Program.“
JMG LEADER TRAINING
FEB 24-26, 2020
Through this training conference, participants will learn how to:
- Utilize all curricula resources, breakout sessions
- Implement best practices, project-based learning, managing students/groups
- Access Group/class registration, recognition & certification options
- Involve local county Extension, volunteers and parents in your programming
- Reach into schools, after school programs & clubs
- Prepare/lead JMG teacher training workshop events
- Generate funding to support programs
- Build sustainability through community collaborations and partnerships
- Utilize program resources, marketing materials
- Develop custom implementation plans
All JMG curricula are correlated to academic standards for science, math, language arts, and social studies to support school day academic programming. This session will also include evidenced-based research documenting positive program impact on children and families.