Order online or call toll free 1-888-900-2577 today!
224 pages, hardcover
Cultivate a connection to children’s literature gardening with this award-winning curriculum. You’ll be engaging children through powerful garden and ecology-themed children’s books to inspire learning through outdoor activities, creative expression and open exploration.
Dozens of hands-on math, science and language-based activities encourage leadership development, individual responsibility, community involvement, and the development of critical thinking skills.
This curriculum utilizes six Growing Good Kids Book Award-winning titles to inspire learning through outdoor activities, creative expression and open exploration. It will enhance youths’ understanding of the messages and powerful illustrations conveyed in these stories. Literature in the Garden will serve to make their learning and the stories they are reading more relevant.
Using quality children’s literature to connect kids to gardening and the natural world is a compelling concept. And bringing gardens and great books together is another great way to grow good kids!
In Literature in the Garden, children will:
- Explore the natural world, with activities that encourage leadership development, personal pride, responsibility and community involvement.
- Develop critical thinking skills. They will learn to identify local conservation concerns and take action to address them through individual and group projects.
- Use quality children’s literature to connect to gardening and the natural world.
- Take part in an integrated curriculum that will strengthen skills in math, science, language and social studies.
Giving Back and Youth Recognition
- 1. A classroom or other youth group can culminate their learning through service-projects.
- 2. Any youth completing the program will be recognized with a Golden Ray Series certification in Literature in the Garden from the National Junior Master Gardener Program and partnering universities.