230+ pages, hardcover
The combined resources of the National Wildlife Federation and the Junior Master Gardener Program along with the valuable input from pilot teachers and students across the country have helped to shape Wildlife Gardener into an integrated, engaging, and one-of-a-kind experience for kids.
Become A Certified Wildlife Gardener!
Youths across the nation are able to become Certified Wildlife Gardeners with the release of the second book in the JMG Golden Ray Series, Wildlife Gardener. While taking part in an integrated curriculum they will strengthen skills in math, science, language and social studies.
As Wildlife Gardeners, children will
- gain a greater understanding and strengthen appreciation for the wildlife that is part of their local community.
- enjoy novel, hands-on, project-based learning as they have fun gardening for wildlife.
- build components of wildlife gardening habitat.
Resource Links For Students And Teachers
Do you know of a great online resource that you would recommend for this site?
Send your recommended link to email@example.com and tell us where on our site you think it would be beneficial. Thanks for contributing!
Habitat Gardening Basics
Mini-Meadow and Cuisine Catalogue for Wildlife Native Plants – Sources of Information
Wildflowers – Sources of Information and for Obtaining Regional Seed Mixes
Recycled Water Garden Sources of Information and for Obtaining Water Plants
Wildlife - Birds
- Birds in Your Community – Local Zip Guide
- Ranger Rick® Bird Lists
- North American Birds – Peterson Field Guide
- Quiz About Birds
Bird Calls and Songs
- New York Bird Songs
- Florida Bird Songs
- Misc. Calls & Songs 1
- Misc. Calls & Songs 2
- Misc. Calls & Songs 3
Seasonal and Daily Bird Activity
Wildlife - Mammals
Wildlife - Insects
- Pallid-Winged Grasshopper
- Underwing Moth
- Silk Moth
- Flat Bark Bug
- Brazilian Short-Horned Grasshopper
- Leaf Wing Butterfly
- 14 More Camouflage Insects!