This module allows students (grades 6-8) to participate in novel, hands-on activities focusing on Plant Growth and Development.
JMG Level Two combines Teacher/Leader Guide and reproducible pages of independent student “handbook” activities into a single book. This premier program encourages youths to take part in group learning experiences and service projects in their community.
JMG Level 2 – Operation Thistle (204 pp.)
Beware of the Thistle!
Join the JPI Team in an urgent mission to defeat the evil Dr. Thistle! Students will work as a group to complete lessons in each of learning concepts in the guide then work independently to complete activities which are found within the mission briefs and mission option pages. By completing these missions, student can help foil the twisted plans of Thistle and his menacing gang while reinforcing concepts learned in the group setting.
Plant Growth & Development Certification
Youth can earn certification as a Junior Master Gardener in Level 2 – Plant Growth and Development by completing these minimum requirements:
- Belong to a registered JMG group.
- Complete 1 group activity for each of the eight learning concepts.
- Complete 1 independent activity for each of the eight learning concepts.
- Complete 1 activity from the Life Skills and Career Exploration section of this curriculum.
- Complete 1 service learning/leadership development project.
If you need assistance, please contact us at:
National Junior Master Gardener Program
225 Horticulture/Forestry Building
Texas A&M University, MS2134
College Station, Texas 77843-2134